Bourton-on-the-Water is a village in Gloucestershire, England in the Cotswolds area. It is known as the Venice of the Cotswolds because of the bridge-spanned river that runs through the village.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Model Village (0.4 mi)
- The Village is a 1/9th replica of Bourton-on-the-Water, built from the local Cotswold stone."
- Bourton Model Railway (0.3 mi)
- Indoor model railway with over 40 trains that run automatically, covering over 500 square feet.
- Cotswold Motoring Museum (0.4 mi)
- A previous winner of England Tourist Board's Visitor Attraction of the Year.
- Birdland (0.6 mi)
- Over 500 species of bird from around the world, set in beautiful gardens.
- Dragonfly Maze (0.7 mi)
- World famous maze with a pavillion at it's centre.
- River Windrush (0.5 mi)
- The River Windrush is spanned by several attractive small road and footbridges. During the summer, a game of football is played between two of the bridges, with goalposts set up in the river itself. Two teams play with a standard football, and a referee attempts to keep order. Crowds line the sidelines of the pitch (the banks), and the aim is to score as many goals as possible (while getting everyone else as wet as possible).
- Walking (0.3 mi)
- Long distance walks start, finish or pass through Bourton-on-the-Water. One such route that begins its 100-mile route north is the Heart of England Way.
- Lloyds Bank (0.2 mi)
- Bank with ATM
- Pharmacy (0.2 mi)
- Local dispensing chemist
Turn onto the A429 at the roundabout on the A40 heading towards Stow on the Wold. After approx 5 miles the village of Bourton-on-the-Water appears on the right
Moreton in Marsh(15.0mi, 24.1km)
The nearest train station to The Mousetrap Inn is at Moreton-in-Marsh (MIM), approximately 8 miles away. Drive on the A429 towards Stow on the Wold. Head straight through Stow staying on the A429, Bourton-on-the-Water is the next village on the left